Pages

Friday, May 28, 2021

My Flipped Classroom Experience - Grammar Video

 "...now that we know how to do what, I expect we can do it in less than a day."

Your honour, I wish to retract my previous statement.

Hello again everyone,

This week I continue to talk about my flipped classroom experience. This week, Cansu and I created a grammar video as our task. I will mostly talk about the process of making the video this time as I already talked about my views regarding the flipped classroom method, you can check it out should you wish toMaking the grammar video took way too longer than I initially thought it would. There are several reasons as to why it took too long, but now I will explain them one by one.

So firstly, we underestimated the task. I won't lie, after making the vocabulary video within just two days, we thought the grammar video would be easy as well, but alas it wasn't. We picked the topic after looking at the coursebook that was provided to us. The book was for prep. year high school students. Anyways, after selecting the topic, comparatives and superlatives, we concluded that we should make an animation rather than a real-life video of ourselves. Our initial thought was that since our topic was about comparing things we thought by animating we would have an easier time. We used Animaker as we'd done previously, but it turns out that this website isn't suited for long projects. We used Audacity to edit our audio and Photoshop for some images, but lining up the audio and the images proved very challenging. Thankfully my friend Cansu understood the program better than I did, so she turned the mess that the whole project was into a much better, five-minute video. Anyway, another difficulty was that the coursebook limited us rather severely. We, inevitably, had to add a few extra things like other words that weren't in the book, but we remained faithful to the coursebook for the most part. In the end, along with the online exercises that we made, I believe this turned out to be a fantastic piece of work.

Here's the video: Comparative & Superlative

Here are the exercises: Comparative

                                      Superlative

                                      Exceptions

That's all from me, goodbye!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Post

  Well... This is awkward.      I had actually intended my last post to be my... well, last post but I just learn that my last post is suppo...