Pages

Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Final Post

 

    Hello everyone,
    
    Here we are, one more time, for the last time. I’ve learned so much from this course about how to integrate technology into my classroom that I don’t even know where to begin. Before this course, all that would come to my mind would be watching a movie or playing an educational game like Kahoot, but now I know that there are so many things that can be done; wikis, digital stories and posters, infographics and, my favourite, podcasts. But before I get into all of this, I want to talk about my observations and thoughts regarding the use of technology in classrooms back in my day, today and the near future.
    
    My sister goes to the same school I went in 6th grade, 8 years ago. I had pretty regular classes but my sister has coding classes at that same school now. Combine this with online education and you can easily say that they are having the most technologically advanced education we have ever seen and this along with the fact that we’ll be seeing virtual reality in classrooms in a few years simply amazes me.
    
    I’m aware that this isn’t the case for many classrooms in Turkey but still, even with just one computer and even without the internet many things can be accomplished with students creativity. One of the things I’ve learned from this course is that no problem is without a solution and every situation can become an opportunity for something greater.
    
    Now about the things I’ve learned, the formula is pretty simple: easiness + fun = learning. I don't have a least favourite task but my favourite task (the most fun one IMO) was creating a podcast because I like speaking and the tools made everything super easy. I will use this in my classes.
    
    To conclude, this course was one of the most unique I’ve ever had. I only wish we could have some Zoom sessions but alas... I finish with a scene from my favourite show Doctor Who.
 
            Take care, goodbye!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Post

  Well... This is awkward.      I had actually intended my last post to be my... well, last post but I just learn that my last post is suppo...